Welcome to Arbor Hill’s Blog Site!
A little bit about us:
Arbor Hills is proud to provide the Highest Quality Field Grown Nebraska Trees and Shrubs as well as Landscaping Services – directly to our customers, at the lowest possible price.
Whether you are looking for Nebraska native trees OR for new home landscaping, or commercial landscaping, Arbor Hills will work with you from start to finish.
Most of our landscaping projects are professionally completed within 7-10 days of your order. We organize all planting materials, tools, and equipment to complete your landscaping project in a timely manner. Arbor Hills is proud of our landscaping team, with over 21 years of experience in Omaha landscape design, and over 15 years of installation experience. Arbor Hills Landscaping will work with you to create a landscape design you can be proud of.
We grow most of our tree and shrub inventory and transport in bulk in early spring – to a holding site in West Omaha for distribution. Most trees can be delivered and planted within 5 to 7 days if you reside in the Omaha metro area. We also source other high quality trees and shrubs from other growers to supply the Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa market.
Contact us today to find out more information on our tree and landscaping services. We are family owned and operated, and are located in Elkhorn, Nebraska. Call (402)895.3635 or visit arborhilltrees.com and arborhilllandscaping.com
We’ve had some interesting weather in the past year, throughout Nebraska. The harsh state wide drought followed by an equally harsh winter is not ideal for trees and landscaping plants. Heat and drought made last year and the beginning of this year one of the toughest in memory for urban trees and plants here in Nebraska. According to the Nebraska Forest Service, long dry-spells and harsh winters can be especially damaging, even for mature trees that have survived harsh conditions in the past.
Just like everything else, trees and shrubs require regular examination and possible treatment to maintain good health. Preventative care, frequent check-ups, early detection and informed decision-making can help your trees and shrubs thrive in good weather and not so good conditions. If trees and shrubs are well cared for, their natural defenses grow stronger.
Here are some tips to remember when considering a preventative plan for your trees, plants and shrubs.
- Do your research. Find a tree and landscaping professional like Arbor Hills Trees and Landscaping LLC to help you decide on which trees and shrubs are suitable for your yard and can withstand Nebraska’s extreme conditions.
- Make a tree care plan when you’ve decided on a tree. Know how to resolve issues with the plant or tree species prior to planting it. Ask questions, and be proactive in your research.
- Properly spaced trees and shrubs don’t compete as hard for the essential light, water and nutrients so they are less likely to be under stress through rough conditions.
- Make sure to thoroughly water if your trees begin to show signs of leaf wilt, discoloration or drying, especially at leaf edges.
- Most of the time, the best choices for tree and plant stress and disease remedies involves a natural process.
Mulching is the most beneficial thing a home owner can do for the health of a young tree. Mulches are materials placed on the soil surface to improve soil structure, oxygen levels, temperature and moisture availability. Properly applied, mulch can give landscapes a handsome, well-groomed appearance.